This itinerary takes you to Samburu Game Reserve for a game drive on a 3 day safari. If you would like to book this itinerary or you would like to customise this itinerary please make an enquiry.
About Samburu Game Reserve
- Samburu’s topography is mainly open savannah (grassland) with clusters of acacia trees, forest, thorn trees and grassland vegetation.
- The park neighbors the homes of the Samburu tribe of Kenya
- The Uaso Nyiro River cuts through this reserve, drawing a big population of Kenya animals to the park
- Rare species of animals unique to the park, namely: the long necked gerenuk, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and Beisa onyx.
- Other animals seen are cheetahs and lions, as well as elephants, buffalo and hippos.
- The elusive Kenya leopard is often known to visit the park, especially in the evenings.
- 350 different species of birds including vultures, kingfishers, marabous, bateleurs, guinea fowl, Somali ostriches and others.
Day 1: Nairobi – Samburu National Park
Depart Nairobi at 0800hrs heading north to the dramatic semi-arid scrubland of the northern Frontier” Samburu National Park”. After lunch, an afternoon game drive to sight resident wildlife species like the Reticulated Giraffe, Grevy’s Zebra, Beisa Oryx and the blue-necked Somali Ostrich that are rare elsewhere in the country. Dinner and overnight will be spent at Camp/Lodge.
Day 2: Samburu National Park
Further exploration of this fascinating reserve awaits you. Early morning and afternoon game drives give a chance to travel over some of the world’s most spectacular and exciting terrain. Meals and overnight at the Camp/Lodge.
Day 3: Samburu – Nairobi
After a leisurely breakfast return to Nairobi.
Book This Safari